Free Concrete Blocks-But at what price?

 I finally scored some free blocks on Facebook Marketplace and we headed out to claim them. 

Yikes! They were still in the pond and needed to be dismantled. Luckily the pond was in the front yard or I think we may have driven away.

I alternated between hauling them to the truck to being the person in the back of the truck stacking them. I had flashbacks of loading bales of hay from my childhood.

Of course we're doing this on one of the hottest and most humid days.

We stopped several times for water breaks. No problem getting my water or steps in today.


We dragged them back to the campground and used them to surround this Willow Garden.


Next I removed the edgers so they can be used elsewhere and put them around this boat garden.




The cap stones were used to make this path through the front of this garden as it's hard walking among the flowers in this area.

Always nice to find something free to stretch our garden budget out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch