And My Garden Still Continues

 Sometimes I feel this will never be done. There are so many roots! Everytime I think I've got them all I go to dig a hole to plant something and there they are again.



But, the area is finally clear and I even dug out the small tree I was going to leave, so now all the area behind it is open with a view of the lagoon.




The following photo shows the brush across the lagoon to give you an idea of what I've been clearing to open up the view to the water. I've been able to use all my toys, the hedge clipper, the chain saw and pruners.


I moved the wishing well that Shawn made into a more prominent spot and then took the curved edging someone gifted us to make a little "garden" in front of it. Right now there's just some soil there, but I'll be adding some bulbs this fall and flowers next spring. 


I'm finding some nice plants that are close out priced at Menards and places to add. 

All the daylilies are finally planted and mulched in...and without falling into the water at all.



After clearing out the roots as best I can, I dug a hole to add the Nanny Bush viburnum.  This will get about 15 feet high and is native to North America. It will have white flowers in May and followed by a burgundy leaf color and dark blue berries in the fall. It's good to zone 2 and requires very little maintenance.  That's my kind of bush/tree.

This is just one of several trips to the compost with roots that have been dug up. We have lots of small nasty tree/shrubs that pop up everywhere.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch