The Last Supper, er... Lunch

 


Well, today is my last day of eating food for a while before I enter the land of protein shakes, broth and water. I can't wait!  Because that signals the beginning of the process in my mind. Yes, I know...I've been working towards this goal since November, but this feels like the real start of things.

So, I'm sharing my last supper lunch with good friends at PF Changs. We've lived here for seven years and have yet to visit this restaurant. When I learned it was the favorite place of my friend, Karen I knew this was where we had to go.

Fried bananas for dessert

Karen and Cal started the Grub Club at Carriage Manor and have built a reputation for serving good food at a reasonable price.  I just looked at the menu for May and was pleased to see so many selections that Left Brain can enjoy on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Now I just need to come up with some stuff to fix for him the other days during my liquid diet.

If all goes well after the surgery and I'm doing well at home I'm encouraging him to fly up to Minnesota as he's on the board of directors up there and they have a lot going on right now and could use his skills.

Don't start thinking I'm such a gracious wife, it's a bit self-serving on my part. I'll be eating pureed food for a month and I would like to only have to deal with fixing my own food when I feel like it. It also sounds like I'll be spending a fair amount of time sleeping and resting. George is the perfect companion for that. I'll basically be a cat for a month...eat, sleep and hopefully poop.

I need to be here for my June 10th check up before I can fly up there to be with him and family.  By that time I'm on my soft diet and that's much easier to cook for both of us.

Then I can gather up George and head out for cooler temperatures and get into the gardens up there. I should have more energy by that time.

Plus, he'll have everything set up and ready for me. My friend, Shawn will have gotten all the gardens cleaned up. Pretty sneaky, huh?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning