Boredom is setting in


 I'm craving real food that isn't smashed into oblivion. I kind of moved myself onto the soft diet a little early as I am having trouble dealing with the pureed mess.  Also, the protein shakes don't appeal to me anymore either. I have to kind of choke them down to get the needed protein. Thankfully I just had a call from the Bariatric Clinic checking up on me and she asked if I had begun transitioning to the soft diet, so I confessed to the things I've been eating. Nothing seems to bother me other than I can't eat very much of anything. She was fine with that as long as it wasn't bothering me.

I had a misadventure with some smoothies I was trying. I put frozen cherries with chocolate protein shake thinking it would taste like chocolate covered cherries. Yuck, out it went. Then I tried the caramel apple smoothie which was a lot of work cutting up the apple and adding all the ingredients. Took one sip and threw it out. Dang, I'd rather just drink water.

Boredom has set in and I find myself looking too closely at things in
the house and coming up with ideas of what could be changed. I ordered a buffet cabinet for our dining area. 

It should arrive in time for me to get it assembled and ready for when we return.

When you live in a small area you need all the storage you can get. This will be perfect to store all my kitchen toys out of sight.

I also ordered a little ice cream maker and immediately opened the box to wash it and stick it in the freezer for the required 24 hours.  I'll see if I can make some frozen yogurt with it. I like that it's small and makes an individual serving.  I hope I have better luck with this than my other experiments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch