Coffee Bar

 I've been working on assembling the cabinet over the last few days.

I'm a little anal retentive when it comes to this as I like to arrange all the little parts in alphabetical order so I can find them easily.

The directions look clear with good graphics. All graphics and no words, which is perfect. I love putting these things together and have done several of them in my lifetime. It's like a huge 3D puzzle.

The project went much smoother than I anticipated, which was nice. Right until the very end when it was time to put the knobs on. I had enough bolts for the knobs for the drawers, but when I went to attach them to the cabinets...none.

My options were to contact the company for the part missing or just go to Ace Hardware and buy them.  I opted for door number two and headed off to the hardware store.

I love Ace Hardware because I can show them the tiny little part needed and they can find it in a flash. I bought four of the little bolts that were exactly the right size. Or so I thought.

The knobs for the cabinet doors needed a longer bolt as that part of the door was thicker than the drawers. Sigh. Back to Ace Hardware again. The nice man gave me the option of the ones a little longer or the next size up. I went with the longer ones. Big mistake. I should have went with the ones just a little longer. Groan. Back again to Ace to swap them out one more time. Thankfully it was a different man helping me this time so I was spared the embarrassment. 

But! These were perfect and now the cabinet is finished and ready for use.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch