My newest planter

 I love old rusty stuff and when I saw this antique potato planter on
Marketplace I knew I had to have it.

My friend and fellow gardener took off to go pick it up with his truck and the nice man helped us load it into the truck with his skid loader.


How we're going to get it out of the truck is anyone's guess, but we'll figure that out later.

I called Pat McCoy and he rounded up a posse to meet us down by the lagoon. They soon figured out that the best way was to back the truck up into the slope and unload it from there.


Then they rolled it into place and now it's just waiting for it's new garden to be created.


This is my birthday gift to myself. I will use this as the focal point and plant the chute with some bright colorful annuals. In keeping with its former history I'll have to add some potato vine in the arrangement.

Hmmm, maybe my lifesize skeleton could be sitting on the tractor seat driving. I'll have to find some bib overalls for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch