New Hostas - Free for the Digging

 

I went over to Christy's to remove the unwanted hostas from her garden. 

Well, let's just say I met my match. 

Hostas-1  Cheryl-0


These are some monster hostas, about five feet across and about 3 1/2 feet tall with a very deep root system.

I did manage to get the "smaller one" out ok. That's the photo to the right.  Let's just say "smaller" is relative.

So I returned to tackle them again. 

This time I was armed with a shovel, an axe and a knife.  

I was determined.

It took some doing, but when I left I had a car full of hostas all bagged up and ready to go to their new home.

I had to call my buddy Shawn though to help me get them out of the car as I was wiped out.

Then it was time for a shower and a two hour break before getting them planted in the new garden.

You'll notice the shirt is pretty clean in this photo. 

The next photo was taken during the battle and is a bit dirtier.


This is how I generally look at the end of a gardening session. I didn't get a photo of the very end but let's just say you couldn't see any image on the shirt at all.

I sat on a trash bag on the way home after hosing off my arms and face.  Such fun!

My garden clothes get hosed down on the patio at the end of the day. Kind of like the old days of beating them on a rock by the river.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch