Assembling my birthday garden



I finally assembled the metal raised beds I got from Amazon to go near the potato planter. These were horrible to work with!

The directions were not clear and I think I have one screw missing as several were scattered loose in the box. Yeah, yeah...she has a screw missing. I can hear what you're thinking!

I managed to get one done, of course on a hot and humid day after I'd worked down in Bob's garden. We put it in the back of the car to haul it down there as it's very wobbly. 

I did a partial assembly of the second one and hauled it in pieces down to the area and finished putting it together down there. Other than being in full sun and the metal was hot to the touch it went much better than earlier.

It will be better once it's staked into the ground and filled with soil. Luckily we have a huge area for composting and I can fill it mostly with this material and only have to add some top soil and composted manure to mix in at the upper level.

Then I can finally start to plant some of the things I've been collecting for the butterfly garden.

We have some landscape blocks to set in place, so we'll use those up and I'll buy the remainder needed. I keep checking Facebook Marketplace but haven't seen any for a while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch