Bob's Garden Continued

 A garden is never actually finished, it's an ongoing process. 

The filing cabinet/planters are filled with compost now and ready for planting. 

I found more landscape blocks on Marketplace so off we went to get them. Yikes! They were not what I was expecting...they were HUGE.

I managed to lift one of the 40 blocks onto the tailgate and told my buddy Shawn I couldn't do this. He proceeded to pick them up and into the truck where I dragged them into position. Because I lack the strength to stack them we decided to do this in two trips. Mind you, these are a 30 minute one way drive so a lot of time was spent on the road.

When we got back to the gardens we, well actually Shawn, put them down into place. I was in the truck bed again dragging them into place for him. It was the hardest thing we've done to date.

But we had to admit the large blocks look really super along this edge of the garden. Another plus is that when this area floods they aren't going to float away.

Later that same day I had a guy delivering several bags of river rock, each one weighing 80 pounds. Thank goodness he had a ramp off the truck and a wheelbarrow. We started to try to spread them but changed our minds and just let him pile the bags in the area and we'll deal with later. It had been a long time and we were both dog tired.

There was a delay in the rock delivery, so I managed to get my new plants put in one of the planters.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch