Bob's Garden and My Garden

 

This area keeps getting expanded as more brush is cleared and roots are dug out. It now has landscape blocks surrounding the border. The daylilies should fill in nicely and help hold back the ugly brush that was dug out. 

Next spring I'll continue planting down the slopes to hold soil better and add some bog plants at the edges to assist in keeping the water clean.  I'm dreaming of a floating fountain that is solar powered but will need to have some kind of fundraiser to afford that.

I've had requests to clear the brush on the opposite side of the lagoon and plant something so you can't see the storage area where trailers and boats are parked. It's good to have a project ready for next year and I found a weeping willow tree for $10 on Marketplace. It's planted in one of our holding bins right now and will be ready to go to it's new forever home next spring.

A garden bike has been added to one of the areas along the end of the lagoon. It has rebar and cable ties to keep it from floating away when it floods in the spring.  I'll plant the pots buried nearby in the spring.




I added tulip and squill bulbs in front of the wishing well, that should be very welcoming in the spring. Some grasses have been added behind the rocks to the right. Hopefully they'll get nice and tall in the sunshine.


Since Halloween is coming, but after the park closes, we start celebrating in September. So, my life size skeleton had to come out and ride the potato planter. He's wearing his "River Living" t-shirt.

I added a basket of mums for this last month we're here just because I needed to see how this would work as a planter.  Next spring I hope to have something dramatic with potato vine spilling over the edges.

Since we're leaving soon, the skeleton is now in the backseat of the car where he's stored until next summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bump in the road

A new beginning

The Last Supper, er... Lunch